Was born in Rijeka, Croatia, Vedrana Zerav obtained the B.A. in Primary Education at the University of Rijeka, while simultaneously completing her musical studies at the Music School Ivan Matetic Ronjgov, also in Rijeka. She then continued her singing studies in Italy and soon after she graduated at the Music Conservatory Giuseppe Tartini of Trieste.
Zerav’s hed her first solo concert at The Vatroslav Lisinski - Concert Hall in Zagreb. She later debuted at the Petruzzelli Theatre of Bari in a mezzo-soprano role of Prince Orlowsky, from Johan Strauss’s operetta Die Fledermaus (The Bat). During nineties Zerav had been working at The Croatian National Theatre Ivan pl. Zajc in Rijeka where she appeared in the following roles:
- Ines, in the opera "II trovatore" G. Verdi
- Clotilde, in the opera "Norma" V. Bellini
- The Courtesan, in the opera "Ban Leget" Ivan pl. Zajc
- Nasta, in the opera "Lizinka" Ivan pl. Zajc
- Teresa, in the opera “Amelia" Ivan pl. Zajc
- Ida, in the operetta "Die Fledermaus" J. Strauss
- Lois Lane - Bianca, in the musical "Kiss me Kate" C. Porter
- Giovanna, in the opera "Rigoletto" G. Verdi
- Annina, in the opera "La traviata" G. Verdi
- Anna, in the opera "Nabucco" G. Verdi
- Oscar, in the opera "Un ballo in maschera" G. Verdi
- Giannetta, in the opera "L’elisir d’amor" G. Donizetti
Since the year 2000 Zerav continues her artistic work in Italy where she continues her singing studies working with teachers of international fame. She sang at concerts and have won various prizes for opera and the liederistic reptertoire.
In 2002, as lyric soprano, she won a scholarship from The Slovene National Theatre, Opera and Ballet Ljubljana. After successfully finishing her studies with the SNG, Zerav performed with the theatrical orchestra (under the direction of M° Gaspersic) and sang Leonora’s aria "D'amor sull' ali rosee" from the opera II trovatore (The Troubadour) by Giussepe Verdi. The same night she performed duets from "La traviata".
In year 2003 she collaborated with The Symphonic Orchestra of the Friuli Venezia Giulia, performing the Biblische Lieder op. 99 by Antonin Dvorak.
The same year, in an ancient city Tarquinia, she sang Mimì from the opera La Bohème by Giacomo Puccini, guided by the M°Leone Magiera.
From 2006 she collaborates with the pianists Ferdinando Mussutto and Dhurata Lazo Bejleri with whom she still colaborates.
In August 2008 Zerav participated at the Festival Morja S.Croce with the role of Contessa di Almaviva from Le nozze di Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, guided by the M° Alessandro Svab. In August 2009 in the role of Ciesca from Gianni Schicchi by G.Puccini, guided bu M° Alessandro Svab.